Less then one month in.

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

Guest for the day

Re: Less then one month in.

Post by Guest for the day » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:35 pm

Hey

I feel your pain I went in less than 6months and resigned as the staff was absolute divs and lazy to say the least. Left me on my own good Friday across 4 landings being weekend regime it was chaos, I asked if anyone was going to bother helping me instead of sitting on their asses drinking coffee there response was were technically supposed to be in a debrief(wasn't any debrief as it was bank holiday) so we're doing nothing til such a time. Then here's best of it one lazy git decided to get up when I didn't answer call bell as I'm not being made a mug of and he had cheek to say I'll go answer that shall I, Asif it was my responsibility to be running up an down like a headless chicken on my own. Anyway I tried to get transfer as to be honest My East midland prison is shocking all round and the staff just tend to sleep with each other to get an alliance and fit in, transfer got denied as still on probation so I quit. Anyway here's the up after I applied for new prison got it and I am a lot happier staff are great. You will always get the dinosaurs some can be vile but some are great and really do help you out then you get the youngsters thinking there rambo and the world owes them something because their in such a great job with a uniform this is life. Dont give up just get round things like I did. I loved my job, always wanted to be a prison officer but unfortunately I just got assigned the wrong prison and since I left I've heard numerous stories from others who worked there and said it's worse dive they been in and was glad to get out. Dont let this get to you stand up and make a change, look after yourself and find where suits you and you are happy. It's a hard job anyway so the least you deserve is an establishment where your comfortable and feel supported. :)

SWM5436
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by SWM5436 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:06 pm

Sleep with each other? There is a recipe for disaster right there. Sounds like a right hole, glad you are out of it.
It’s too bad that stupidity isn’t painful. Ignorance is one thing, but our society thrives increasingly on stupidity

Start of vetting to the call 17 weeks 2 days.

Tiger
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Tiger » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:43 pm

Baywatch wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:52 am
Good morning.

I work in a very busy prison on the worst wing in the prison. Let me just say before I start I really enjoy the job.

Now I've been live for 2 weeks. Even though it's only been 2 weeks I have dealt with a lot and with staffs help it's been great.

I'm not sure if I've made the right choice by becoming a prison officer. I have so far been made to sign a form to say I got a count wrong even though it was a blanket blame and there was 25 other officers involved. Been pulled into the governor's office and made to explain why the wing was so untid. Same governor kicked my ass for our wing being unorganised this was done on my wing one 2 one.

This is making me think I've joined at a bad time. The training is a joke, staff to have no time to show me the ropes so I'm literally learning on my own.

Now as I said at the Beginning I've only been live 2 weeks and had three ass Kickin . In my past job of 14 years got to the dizzy Heights of operations manager and not one negative on my employment history.

Don't think I can hold my tongue on the next ass kicking.

Go with it, they are only kicking your ass to make you a better officer. You'll end up being brilliant! They have to be like that your in a huge position of trust.
:slbg: RAD 2nd Sept
:slyay: RAD results 4th Sept
Now waiting... :slwin:

Vetting form :sltgn: 6th Oct
Submitted 15th Oct :slred:

:slyay: on the vetting train :slcl:

Sharknado
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Sharknado » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:26 pm

SWM5436 wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:06 pm
Sleep with each other? There is a recipe for disaster right there. Sounds like a right hole, glad you are out of it.
It happens. A LOT. It’s nothing to do with that particular prison, don’t shoot the messenger; I’m speaking from working in a jail. One has the power to say no; they are adults - let them get reprimanded. If it’s not your boat - don’t sail it :slsm: give ‘em a spade, let ‘em dig.

Eyes wide open... I mean shut...

It’s one of them; don’t get involved. I think I know which jail the OP is talking about but it is what it is. Ain’t no worse than what some cons get up to behind closed doors with a pad mate...

And as an aside I am NOT sanctioning such behaviour on either account or part; it happens in offices too.

SWM5436
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by SWM5436 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:03 pm

Each to their own I suppose, that's where the line needs to be drawn, don't shit on your own door step.
It’s too bad that stupidity isn’t painful. Ignorance is one thing, but our society thrives increasingly on stupidity

Start of vetting to the call 17 weeks 2 days.

Sharknado
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Sharknado » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:07 pm

SWM5436 wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:03 pm
Each to their own I suppose, that's where the line needs to be drawn, don't shit on your own door step.
That’s exactly it; but they do and anyone that wants to will always perchance continue to do so. Runs too many risks for me: things turn sour and having to see them perhaps daily... the rumours, the giggles and playground mentality. :slno:

Rise above and just ignore it; it’s not you, it’ll probably break or get busted if anyone cares. :slnote:

mhadhebi
Registered Member
Registered Member
Class: 'Pixie'
Alignment: 'Vampire'

Post by mhadhebi » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:40 pm

This job will make or break you. I left after 8 months in. The lack of support from other staff is unreal. A lot of staff in our jails are older alot older and waiting out on a pension. To put it frankly, if you dont give a sh*t about the men and women in your care, you will be a good prison officer in todays prison.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic