Discussion

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

Quickthinker
Executive Member
Executive Member
Class: 'Bounty Hunter'
Alignment: 'Thunder'

Discussion

Post by Quickthinker » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:03 am

This came up.on my facebook page earlier and a good debate happemd from it. What as prison staff are your views?
When a convicted criminal has received a 'life means life' sentence, should they have the right at any stage to end their life through capital punishment? It seems to me that if prison is to punish and rehabilitate, but a person will never be released is it not torture by constant punishment zero rehabilitation, which makes us guilty of an offence? Furthermore, wouldn't it save the country much needed funds? I am not saying this should be implemented, just the prisoner to be given the option, to which they can decline. Thoughts?

andylamb
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Class: 'Bounty Hunter'
Alignment: 'Thunder'

Re: Discussion

Post by andylamb » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:13 am

It's a never ending conflict of variables that cannot be answered with yes or no answers.

And because of that I cannot formulate an i opinion for or against the argument of capital punishment.

It depends on the individual and the crime committed. It also depends on the circumstances in which the crime was committed.

Also if someone is attempting to take their own life in their cell and you stop that from happening when they did not want you to. Does that not fall into the same category?

If you say yes to one group of people wishing to die due to their current circumstances then you open the flood gates to anyone and everyone who wants to die.

There are people that should have the right to die. But a person that committed a crime so terrible and cannot take the punishment that has been handed to them, you may aswell free people that can't take their punishments on shorter terms.
My Karma just ran over your dogma.
RAD - 10/02/2017 -
Application & Vetting & Appeal - 01/03/2017 >
Contract - 08/05/2018
POELT due to start - 31/06/2017

Stobie93
Executive Officer
Executive Officer
Class: 'Archer'
Alignment: 'Shadow'

Re: Discussion

Post by Stobie93 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:27 pm

I agree with Andy,

Although I believe why should we give that right to someone who's incarcerated and yet there are elderly and paralysed people on the out who have been outstanding citizens yet they are refused the right to end their endless suffering it's a can of worms that's best left unopened.
I believe in Per Sec (personal security)
It's a good belief and never disappointed.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic