Screenwriter seeking advice

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

Matthew McGuchan

Screenwriter seeking advice

Post by Matthew McGuchan » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:17 am

Hello there, I'm a writer and film-maker based in Ipswich, Suffolk. I am contacting this noticeboard seeking advice from regarding a story I am developing with a young writer based in Portsmouth called Matthew Clarke. Matt has come up with a great concept for a prison action thriller type film, and in my capacity as producer on the project I was hoping to put him in touch with a professional who might be able to advise him regarding certain aspects of the story, with a view towards making the action more believable.

Our script is very much an entertainment of the hard man/punch ups/prison break/crims on the run variety, so this may not be something that a real Prison Officer would have ANY interest in being involved with. However, if there is anyone out there who'd be prepared to answer a few questions regarding the inner workings of prison routine and solitary confinement in particular, either online or on the phone, it would be much appreciated. My email is mmcguchan@gmail.com, my company has a website which is http://www.lividfilms.co.uk.

Thanks for your time.

Matthew

Chili Palmer
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: Screenwriter seeking advice

Post by Chili Palmer » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:54 pm

I can only apologise for the lethargy , indifference , apathy even rudeness of my fellow prison officers for ignoring this topic

They are missing the opportunity to contribute to a great British gangster film following in the traditions of A Long Good Friday and Get Carter to name but two

Is Jason Statham going to take the lead role ?

Perdition
Committee Member
Committee Member
Class: 'Mage'
Alignment: 'Lightning'
Sacred: 'Mage'

Post by Perdition » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:22 pm

Have you actually checked his website out Chili? have a look and see if you think a prison officer would want anything like this produced about prisons....

Chili Palmer
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Chili Palmer » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:23 pm

Perdition wrote:Have you actually checked his website out Chili? have a look and see if you think a prison officer would want anything like this produced about prisons....

Purleeese .... I thought/intended my post to ooze sarcasm from every dot & comma :slwin:

When I read this gem Our script is very much an entertainment of the hard man/punch ups/prison break/crims on the run variety then I couldnt resist taking the vdt

Didnt think for a minute my post would be taken seriously :slbg:

Perdition
Committee Member
Committee Member
Class: 'Mage'
Alignment: 'Lightning'
Sacred: 'Mage'

Post by Perdition » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:31 pm

:slbg: Reading your post again, I am surprised how i missed it! Had my admin head on, in my defence Gov... :sljo:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic