COMPASSIONATE TRANSFER

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

daniel.macdonald
Registered Member
Registered Member
Class: 'Undead Hunter'
Alignment: 'Vampire'
Sacred: 'Warrior'

COMPASSIONATE TRANSFER

Post by daniel.macdonald » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:36 am

Hello everyone i just put in for a transfer to yorkshire as my partner lives there and im in kent but i was knocked back on the grounds that i didnt meet the critiria due to not having a strong case or evidence to back it up im now wondering what to do next as i dont want to leave the service but a 200+ mile relationship is becoming harder and more costly when all we want to do is set up home together and ive got my heart set on it being in the north! Any ideas would be much appreciated
Manny Thanks Dan.
bigmac

Prae
Committee Member
Committee Member

Re: COMPASSIONATE TRANSFER

Post by Prae » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:25 am

I think you'll really struggle with this. It seems it's quite easy to get a move down south but really hard to get back up north.

A colleague of mine recently had a very poorly child and he said the 80 mile-a-day round trip he was making to our establishment was time he could spend with his child, so he put in for a move to his local jail but got knocked back. To add insult to injury he then found out the jail he wanted to go to was recruiting new officers off the street!

A sad state of affairs if you ask me.

poaftw
Committee Member
Committee Member

Re: COMPASSIONATE TRANSFER

Post by poaftw » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:06 pm

daniel.macdonald wrote:Hello everyone i just put in for a transfer to yorkshire as my partner lives there and im in kent but i was knocked back on the grounds that i didnt meet the critiria due to not having a strong case or evidence to back it up im now wondering what to do next as i dont want to leave the service but a 200+ mile relationship is becoming harder and more costly when all we want to do is set up home together and ive got my heart set on it being in the north! Any ideas would be much appreciated
Manny Thanks Dan.
It might help if you change your user name, you quite easy to find on the address book in outlook at work.
“Some men faint-hearted ever seek,our programme to retouch,and will insist where’ere they speak,that we demand too much,tis passing strange, yet I declare,such statements give me mirth,for our demands most moderate are
We only want the Earth.”

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic