Vetting Process

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

Previous topicNext topic
Jaybo

Re: Vetting Process

Post by Jaybo »

After a few days of mine being on that message (the second time) my vetting has finished, waiting for a call to say whether I have passed or not

I believe they make a baseline decision on some of the info, and if you meet that criteria they will ask for more in depth info and then they make the final decision.

After this your portal should change to something like “we will be in contact shortly to let you know the next stage of the process” - they won’t email you and tell you, you’ll have to log in to see it.

After that message I believe they either email you to book a time slot and date for the ‘call’ or they just call you randomly
Labgurl1993
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Labgurl1993 »

Thank you my email says about pre employment checks and the prison then says (security level: enhanced bass line standard) does that mean the prison category I'm going to or the check they are doing? Puts you on edge even though there is nothing they will find wrong always get that belly dropping feeling when it gets updated haha.
Shortyshan

Post by Shortyshan »

So I completely my vetting forms on the 12th and today 22nd just started a job temporarily whilst I’m waiting for vetting to go through and get the call with a start date, obviously I hadn’t started this employment when I did my vetting forms so should I ring them at to tell them, don’t want anything slowing the process down at all
PhilEds

Post by PhilEds »

Hi All, I’m an ex OSG, I left the service 4 years ago but I’m thinking of applying to be an officer at HMP Berwyn, regarding the vetting, is the vetting I had done as an OSG the same as that of an officer or is different
kinzku5
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by kinzku5 »

I would inform them 👍🏽
09/10/20 - application & online tests passed
05/12/20 - passed ARC & failed fitness
15/01/21 - passed fitness retake & on merit list
14/02/21 - offer accepted
15/02/21 - pre employment checks sent
Shortyshan

Post by Shortyshan »

Already got an email saying being referred for a decision, seems a bit too quick!? Not even full two weeks yet!? I’m so worried that they are going to think I’ll be easily coerced as I have a good chunk of debt... even though I’ve never missed payments and can afford my debt on a much lower wage than what I will receive on my prisons wage
JCOX4
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by JCOX4 »

I don’t think they look too much into standard debt, ie credit cards, loans etc. It’s more bankruptcy, CCJs that kind of stuff I think.
You will be fine 😁😁
ARC 26/11/19
Offer/vetting started 17/12
Failed vetting 30/12
Appealed 16/01/20
Referred for decision 17/01
Decision overturned 25/02
Offer and vetting 17/03
Vetting passed 21/03
Covid-19 saga
Fitness resit 02/09
Start- Delayed until further notice
Shortyshan

Post by Shortyshan »

Sweet cheers for putt my mind at ease mate!!
kinzku5
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by kinzku5 »

Did anyone have a call from Optima Health after completing their health questionnaire? They've just called me to schedule an appointment to talk next week.
Shortyshan

Post by Shortyshan »

I believe that’s normal
Labgurl1993
Official Member
Official Member

Post by Labgurl1993 »

So my portal has now gone back to your application is currently going through pre employment checks how long before think I'll hear something and did anyone else have this happen this is I think 4th time it's changed now
Jaybo

Post by Jaybo »

the optima health thing is nothing to worry about, as long as you feel like you are capable of doing the job, they will give you the all clear.
If they have any queries because of your medical condition they'll let you know what aspects of the job might give you an issue and see if you feel like you a prepared for it.
I was worried that I was going to fail my medical (do not have a serious medical condition, very minor and doesn't affect day to day life) but it really is nothing to stress over, they are a separate company and try to make sure you are fit to do the job and that you know what aspects of the job may hinder you based on your condition and if you are confident you will be ok.
kinzku5
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by kinzku5 »

Thanks jaybo, that's reassuring!
Previous topicNext topic