London Prisons

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

Postitnotepete
Registered Member
Registered Member
Class: 'Bounty Hunter'

London Prisons

Post by Postitnotepete » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:32 pm

May be an idle/pointless question but...

Why.... Is it quicker/easier to get a place at a London prison than anywhere else in England

Is there a high staff turnover, because of the amount of prisons in one area or because London is now full of "hipsters" who couldn't work for HMPS because they don't supply skinny jeans as uniform

Thepower
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: London Prisons

Post by Thepower » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:34 pm

Quite simply The wage HMP offers isn't enough to attract people.... Let's face it the wages aren't that attractive anywhere but add on london costs and it's not a lot of money for yourself,

Also local jails can be very rocky and difficult to work, most old Victorian jails are very old school and it takes a while to be accepted that may be an issue? But working in a cat B local is an experience I started in one and learned off staff with a ridiculous amount of bird in, as I said takes a while to be accepted in them but it's worth it once they know and trust you.

Hik22
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Hik22 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:08 pm

London Jails is so short staffed its ridiculous!!

so yes it is quicker to get a placement at a London Jail!! My jail is currently full of northerners on whats called first deployment.

speaking specifically about London cat B jails they are a hard place to work! 4 people on my training intake quit on shadow week!

Postitnotepete
Registered Member
Registered Member
Class: 'Bounty Hunter'

Post by Postitnotepete » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:11 pm

Wow 4 people quit that early??... its a big test of character putting yourself in a situation that's intense like that but I think maybe should of stuck it out a good few months as I'm sure it gets easier after a few weeks ... Hopefully ;)

Hik22
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Hik22 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:13 am

and another main point to add is the wages!! people cant afford to live in London on the wage offered to us!

jana10
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by jana10 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:46 am

I had applied for brixton and the other day was asked if I want to go to wandsworth instead. . Said no, I heard wandsworth is real bad
Plus I think brixton being a cat C is a bit better than cat 2
13/06/17 - passed online test
14/07/17 fam visit
4/08/17 RAD
06/09/17 retook english test
01/11/17 - vetting submitted
8/01/18 The call :slyay:
16/04/18 POELT

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic