GIS POST????

Ask any question you like, prison officers are here to answer you!

Moderator: Chryo

eyrekellster

GIS POST????

Post by eyrekellster » Wed May 07, 2008 12:21 pm

Hi
i went for my POST yesterday under the GIS, all the way to croydon. i was wondering what percentage you need to pass? is it diffrent under GIS? i did notice though we were allowed 25% extra time. im really worried and will be gutted if i fail i have even just graduated in criminal degree, its all i have ever wanted to do :blah:

Thanks in advance :D

Garden Fairy
Committee Member
Committee Member

Re: GIS POST????

Post by Garden Fairy » Wed May 07, 2008 12:28 pm

Whats GIS? :?

Post by Guest » Wed May 07, 2008 12:32 pm

Guaranted interview scheme - because im dyslexic! i did my usual online numerical test and lit test together at the test centre.

Garden Fairy
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Garden Fairy » Wed May 07, 2008 12:35 pm

Ooooooh. Thanks for that. Sorry though I don't know the answer.

sharpe
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by sharpe » Wed May 07, 2008 7:52 pm

no idea what the % pass on the gis is

Burnlee
Elite Member
Elite Member
Class: 'Holy Avenger'
Alignment: 'Lightning'
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Post by Burnlee » Thu May 08, 2008 6:50 am

Just wondering why you need extra time to complete the tests if you have a degree. Surely if you have such an academic qualification you have proved that you have the mental capacity to fulfil the tests, possibly in less time than us lesser mortals. If you can't finish them in the alloted time frame then thats not good.

walrus
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by walrus » Thu May 08, 2008 7:47 am

Dyslexic. Or thats what he claims?

We shall never know the truth.

Post by Guest » Sat May 10, 2008 10:59 am

(she) had to give in medical evidence. i have problems spelling and suffer from word blindness. As for having a degree, my IQ is fine. This is why we have equal ops especially with such ignorance. nice!

Burnlee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Burnlee » Sun May 11, 2008 9:47 am

Where do you get the ignorance from. Never said in original post about any spelling probs etc. Quite quick to mention the degree though, umm equal ops eh etc why bring that intop question whenit hasn't even been raised prior. Please don't come on being like that when people are rresponding to what looks like favouritism to those that have higher education. A lot of us may not have degrees, but do have in lieu of this plenty of life experience which is invaluable. No matter what type of education we have we must be treated the same. If someone does have certain difficulties then yes allowance can be made.
In future it is best to read the posts thoroughly.

Post by Guest » Sun May 11, 2008 10:36 am

hey hold on a min, i never said i was replying to your post, did i? my degree was mentioned as it was a 'friendly' post to say yes this is something i have always wanted to do (hence why i did the degree, to study some of the issues) not for other reason. To be honest the reason i didnt go for the graduate scheme is because i wanted to go in the same as everybody else, NOT expecting to have more experience because of a degree lol. I have years of life experience, my reading wasnt mentioned? sorry i did say dyslexia it would take a while to state my full psycholigical report! The aim of my question was to ask what was diff as i had to do my num under test conditions while you guys now do it online. I certainly dont want any special treatment, i thought my struggling was my academic abilities, it was not discovered (by somebody else) unti; my third year. My post was to the person after your post actually but the last bit of your post appeared to be a statement apposed to being a question, hence my reply of reading and spelling (i can read lol, but my reading rate is slower, = extra time) hence my reply, which i think was fair enough. I came on this board purely to see if anybody knew anymore about the GIS post tests thats all!
Thanks.

Post by Guest » Sun May 11, 2008 10:41 am

you asked why i needed extra time if i had a degree! which i answered for you in my post. so i dont really understand your issue with my post!

Post by Guest » Sun May 11, 2008 1:03 pm

Dear Guest,

The two replies you received above are disgraceful, sounds like some people are getting fed up of waiting for their offer and deciede to take that out on other people. I hope you get the results you want.

Good luck and dont let them put you off this forum.

Burnlee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Burnlee » Sun May 11, 2008 6:02 pm

Original Guest,
My apologies if your intended reply was not to my post, however, I think the equal ops and ignorance stance was a little harsh and that is to what I was referring to. My original reply was to enquire as to why extra time was allowed to some, further information was not abound at the time to clarify the matter. I did my POST and JSAC under the old system and not on line. There are lost of info on this board and help along the way, maybe sometimes if certain things were clear from the start then the help and better advice would be more selective and useful, be it negative or positive. I also didn't/don't know if the original poster and the one referring to having Dyslexia are the same people, signed in under different names.
Olive branch held out.

Second Guest.
Well that seems to be like adding your voice to serve no reason at all. Certainly to categorically state that a persons reply was just because of their time waiting. I dont think so, I have been waiting a while and I don't begrudge anyone getting in on merit in lesser time in a different area. I think that your post was more damaging to any other. If you hae had a bad day take it out elsewhere.

I wish you both all the luck with your applications.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic